Self-Concept refers to your awareness about yourself. It is your picture of yourself that includes your perceptions about the kind of person you are; your view of your worth, value, and possibilities; the way you see yourself in relation to others; the way you ideally would like to be; and the degree to which you accept yourself as you are.
Do you agree with this statement?
Yes I do agree with this statement I do believe that self concept is about how you view yourself and how you see others seeing yourself
What experiences did you have in your formative years that helped shape your self-concept? I was always a child that liked to help and wanted everyone else to be happy I often wanted everyone to be happy and felt that I needed to do things for people in order for them to want me to be around them. I don't know exactly what made me feel this way or why I say myself like this or why I thought others saw me this way but it made be because I am the oldest in my family and I often had to help take care of others in my family such as my younger siblings. However in my later years I have a better self-concept of myself and have gained more respect for myself. I think that furthering my education has defiantly helped me a lot!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment